This accelerator is faster due the segmentation of the connection
Internet Download Manager, also known as IDM, is a shareware developed by Tonec Inc. designed to increase the inbound traffic speed. The software also enables the programming or restoration of these processes. The interface is not esthetically appealing but is easy to use, even for beginners, and is multilingual. It offers practical and free advice and has an good organization system based in folders.
Thanks to its features and effectiveness, IDM has been awarded more than fifty prizes, such as Top Rated by CNet, and The Editors' Pick by ZDNet. One of the advantages of Internet Download Manager is the option to restart traffic processes, which is very useful if you have lost or stopped the Internet connection, or suffered other interruptions such as a power failure or computer errors.
How to use
Its operation is really easy, by just clicking once. It is also a downloader, so if you want online video from video-hosting platforms (YouTube, MySpaceTV, etc.) you have to drag the URL address to the downloading list, and Internet Download Manager will record the video with IDM Site Grabber. In this case, there are two options: download it immediately, or add it to the pending list.
IDM has been awarded more than fifty prizes
Internet Download Manager creates multiple connections for the same file, which means a speedy acceleration of the inbound traffic for that file. You can also avail of the option to download multiple files at the same time. You can set the quality of the files or videos you want to get. Regarding security, Internet Download Manager has an Antivirus scanner that works automatically to ensure that the files you are getting are free from malware or viruses.
Internet Download Manager 6.26 Build 2 Features
Below you can find some of the characteristics of this software:
- Smart Download Logic Accelerator. To achieve the best result of the accelerator, this tool increases the velocity of the traffic process up to five times, through the smart and dynamic technology of file segmentation
- Resume processes. IDM restarts unfinished inbound traffic processes from the point where they stopped, and with excellent results
- Supporting interferences. IDM can works with http, https, mms and ftp protocols and in proxy servers: supports cookies, redirects, authorizations and firewalls, among others disruptions and problems
- Compatible with most browsing applications. It works seamlessly with Mozilla Firefox, MyIE2, Avant Browser, MSN Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firebird, Mozilla, Netscape, AOL and Microsoft Internet Explorer, among others
- An interface with simple processes. With drop-down menus and drag capabilities, you will able to download what you want with just a single click. It is available in more than thirty languages, and is customizable
- Built-in scheduler. Program all steps of the process from the connection to the network, downloading files at a given time, until the shutdown of disconnect and computer. You can schedule several queued downloads
- Batch working. Get multiple and simultaneous files or videos, in the same traffic process
- Security. It provides an antivirus scanner, and it works with authentication protocols (Kerberos, NTLM, Basic, etc.)
To get more information about this accelerator, visit the creators’ website .
The minimum system requirements for a correct installation are the following:
- Operating system: Windows XP or later
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV with 1.2 GHz
- RAM Memory: 512 MB
- HDD Space: 800 MB of free space